What contraindications does Duromine have?
Duromine has a small list of medical contraindications. Carefully familiarize yourself with them before to start using this drug for obesity treatment.
Common contraindications of Duromine are some types of pathologies, intensity of which can be increased when using this drug.
A list of such Duromine contraindications includes:
- cerebrovascular diseases
- pulmonary arterial hypertension
- severe cardiovascular disorders
- sharp drops in blood pressure
Duromine is absolutely contraindicated in patients with a history of alcohol or drug abuse, as well as patients who have a known hypersensitivity to:
- one of Duromine ingredients, including Phentermine
- any amphetamine-type drugs, such as Desoxyn or Bontril
It is necessary to immediately stop using Duromine if after oral administration of the first capsule the patient experiences such hypersensitivity symptoms as:
- difficulty breathing, shortness of breath
- skin redness, rash or severe itching
- swelling of different body parts, including lips, face or tongue
Pregnancy or breastfeeding are related to a number of private Duromine contraindications for women. In addition, this powerful drug for obesity treatment should not be used in children under 12 years old.
Because of a high risk of drug interaction, Duromine capsules are contraindicated to use together with antidepressants of a group of MAO inhibitors, such as Nardil or Parnate.
Duromine stimulates the brain activity and may increase intensity of some mental illnesses. For this reason, diagnosed depression or psychosis are relative Duromine contraindications.
Duromine is a powerful appetite suppressant, so it should not be used in patients with such eating disorder as anorexia.